Name of Organisation: Youth Offending
The Youth Offending Service is provided by Prospects on behalf of Gloucestershire County Council. It is a county-wide service working with individual young people who have committed offences and are required to work with the service in order to fulfil their court order. The purpose of the Youth Offending Service is to prevent and reduce crime committed by children and young people in Gloucestershire. It meets the statutory responsibilities placed on the county council to provide this service in partnership with the Police, Health Service & Probation Service. The Youth Support Team have a dedicated team that works with young people and their families, helping them understand why they may have offended in the past, and make more positive choices in future.
Their role includes:
- Working with young people who have been cautioned, or are due in court
- Attending court hearings, and providing information about individual young people
- Supervising young people on court orders, on remand and in custody
- Working with victims of crime, and using Restorative Justice to repair the harm caused
- Drawing on specialist services dealing with substance misuse, mental and physical health, outdoor education and functional family therapy.
Contract Length : April 2013 – March 2020
Victims we are able to offer support to:
They work with young people from the age of 10 and up to 18. They work closely with many partners, including the police, probation service, schools, and health and social care services.
How to make a referral?:
To find out more, contact the Youth Support Team on 01452 415707 or email firstname.lastname@example.org